Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reminiscence

The songs that marked the first half of my life were:

Blind - Lifehouse
Your guardian angel - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
I will follow you into the dark - Deathcab for Cutie

They all speak of a certain kind of sacrificial, almost suicidal love. And they mirrored my life as a caped crusader without a cape or a masked vigilante without a mask. I gave of myself. I gave till I was gone. I lived for others alone.


The songs that marked my transitions out of that phase were:

The cure for pain - Jon Foreman
Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw

I lost everything I had within me eventually when I tried to fill a hole that went too deep. My suicidal type of love meant I gave of myself, even when I knew it would destroy me. I'd rather die trying than fail.

And so I died. My blogged changed away from the old one. I hung up my metaphorical cape. And I went at life as if I had never lived before.

Problem was, you can't live like you're dying for very long, especially if you're not.


So that leaves me with my third blog skin. As you can see, it's still in a state of limbo. I don't know it it will stay in limbo for a long time, it might for all I know.

I am a ditto. I watch something, and I copy it. I look at people I work with, and complement them. But with nothing to watch, and with no one to help, I feel like I'm without an identity.

I feel like wearing my hat that covers my eyes now to hide my powers till the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment