Monday, December 21, 2009

Dreaming Drowning Screaming

The night after camp I dreamt I was in a swimming pool.

I was the only one at the deep end who realised someone was drowning.

I dived down to save him, but as hard as I tried, I did not have the strength to pull him up and the more I tried the more we sank.

I let him go and surfaced. I called for help. One guy and girl responded by running to the float attached to the rope and throwing it to me. I dived down again and put the float round the drowning guy and he was swung up to safety.



The night before camp I dreamt I was on the second floor of the school we were about to have camp at. There was a gap in the floor that I could jump over with some effort, but if I didn't make the distance I'd fall to the first.

Before I knew it, Rebecca jumped the gap. I was shocked as she rushed towards the gap and leapt but I remembered she had made the jump before so it should be okay. But to my horror she fell short of the other side and fell into the gap. And before I could react Annabel also made the leap and also fell short of the gap.

The absence of a scream were the only hope I had as I ran to the parapet to look down and check on the 2. Falling a single story would not be enough to seriously injure them, so the lack of a scream meant they were not injured or in pain. And indeed they were not, less for maybe a sprained ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment