Saturday, December 12, 2009

Winds of Change

The wind these 2 days have been so refreshing. We've had storms, we've had sun, but it's been a while since we had cool breeze like now.

When it hits me, I stop, stand, close my eyes, and smile.

It was quite cool when my family walked out of the lift today and all of us enjoyed the wind for a moment. Dad wanted to sleep at the corridor where the breeze was so nice. Mom fell over laughing when I imagined the neighbours finding him outside the door. "Some fight you must have had to have to sleep outside eh?"


I like my family. Yeah.

But well... yeah.


This is going to be the last month we stay all together in a long time. If I get into hostel I'm gone till May. And then I want to head for India for a month. By then, Marianne would have flown off to South Africa for her own take at missions, just as I had done at her age. So we all go our separate ways.


Come to think of it... It's like army again- staying away from home, seeing them just 2 days a week. It's been 10 months since army ended. Hmmm... when I look at the future there's a little sadness at the parting. But I'm glad for these 10 months. I've probably never been so close to my sister before.


I love her.

I guess I'll never realize what I have till I remember what I didn't.


PS: It's 1am. As I'm typing this she's playing some emo music on the piano. The song goes- "When God made you, he must have been thinking about me."

No comments:

Post a Comment