Thursday, December 8, 2011

My imaginary friend

It was Melanie who first pointed out that she had never seen this Elsa I kept talking about, and although I convinced her that Elsa was not a unicorn, Melanie still concluded that she was my imaginary friend.

I decided to prove her wrong.

But the more I thought about it... The less I could.

Melanie and I wrote an entire story about Elsa for a project this semester. Which does not prove her existence but instead makes her more of a fictional character.

But I went out with her last week! Yet... the moment we bumped into someone else I knew, she ran off before I could introduce her.

Elsa has been helping me write the scripts for the skits at camp. But... I've always written alone.

This is crazy where this is going, I mean... I took a picture of her before!

You have got to be kidding me.

I didn't make all this up. I'm thinking back and realizing all of these things only now.

I'm freaking out.


Wait.

Let me describe Elsa.

She's always in black. Literally.

Always wearing the same thing.

Always wearing that one owl ring.

Grrr... Why could I not take the shot on her hand and not mine?

She spends her holidays in the library.

She grew up fist-fighting and wrestling boys.

She is the biggest Star Wars fan I know. The only female one.



Oh my goodness. All of the above are impossible.

She actually doesn't exist.

She's just a personification of my subconscious.


This explains why I'm the only one posting on her wall on FB.

And it explains why the ring I let her buy, even though I liked it and saw it first when we were out shopping, is now on my table even though she did not give it to me.




You may not be real Elsa, but I still think it's freaking cool to talk to you.

Just maybe not when I'm with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment