Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Desiree,

I've been wrapping presents. But I've had a big problem.
I don't have the slightest idea what to give you.

I want to give you something different.
Something cool... and also hot.
Something deep but also pretty.
Something Artsy... but also Sciency.
Something... like all of the above... like you.

I want to give you something that's so you but...
I keep facing the difficult questions...

What is you?
What is present?
What is past?
What is life?
What is death?

Bleargh. I want to give you something but I can't.


Wait.

I actually had something kept at the depths of my room.
Something I wanted to have a competition on FB for people to fight for.
Something old but new.
Something wet, but dry.
Something living, but dead.
Something... something.

Something forged in the depths of time.
Something I had to travel over great distances to find.
Something I braved lightning and thunder and floods for.

Something I had to fight desperately for to win.


(YinShuang will testify that what I say is true.)

Okay I know what to give you.


I wrote the second part of this post a day after the first. I only thought of the gift after I lamented at my inability to give my dear friend an appropriate gift. I hope you like it, because I've tried my utmost best and found nothing better I could possibly to give you.


Other than maybe the head of Jon on a platter.

But that's not nice.

2 comments:

  1. aw! can't wait to see it. i got your present already and honestly didn't think so much. oops. but i think you'd like it?

    hahahaha why would i ever want that last thing! beheading friends is not nice yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so much coz I really had trouble finding this present. Really hope you like it though.

    Okay now to figure what to give Chris.

    ReplyDelete