Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boys and their Toys

My birthday present (that I previously blogged about wanting) just arrived! Hia hia hia! Thank you Desiree! (Did you pay for it all by yourself?!?) All of you spending the weekend with me will get a chance to crack your brains with it. I'm up to point 30 out of 100 so far!

In other news.

I like toys. But I don't often buy toys. Not unless I see something really cool. Such as this:




I've been eyeing this one since the first Transformers movie came out, but it is so expensive... ARGH! If it was $30+ I would still consider it, but it's way over-priced. The name is pronounced "R.C." and I wanted it because unlike most other Transformers, when in it's vehicle form this model looks so much like a motorcycle- to the extent you might not even know it's a transformer. Now THAT is a robot in disguise.




Oh tell me that's not cool to you. Here's the ingeniously designed toy out of it's box. How in the world does it get from this to that!




Today I was out with my sister and I showed her the newest transformer that had caught my attention earlier this year. I first saw it at a NUS bazaar going at $99.




Here's what it really is:




HOW COOL IS THAT!!! It's so awesome even my sister who's no Transformer fan loves it. Mickey Mouse is in the front seat by the way, making this the ultimate cute model. And I'm impressed at how they managed to caricature a serious 3D figurine. These naughty creators at Takara Tomy were also clever enough to release it in 2 awesome colour schemes just to make you feel distress when made to choose only one. Gah!




Okay stop, enough of these collector's edition toys that are beyond my budget. But I can't! Freud calls a "drive" something that causes distress until it is relieved. How how how??


Ah ha! I spy the birthday present that I so wanted that has just arrived! I shall go relieve myself, and play with this puzzle while at it.

1 comment:

  1. The people sharing were:
    Amanda, Shaun, Huiqi, Cheryl, Melissa, Andrew, SY, Matthew, Yaoqi, Chris, Jeff.
    =)

    ReplyDelete