Thursday, August 30, 2012

Have you ever liked someone...

...in a non-romantic way?

You know this person can never be your lover, but that does not stop you from liking that person so much.

He or she has all your honor, all your respect, and all your support.

You know you there can be no romance between you and the person, but the very confirmation that the two of you cannot be together doesn't turn you away; In fact it actually allows you to become closer to that person.

The friendship is not something sad. People assume that if you like someone, but cannot be romantically involved with the person, your heart will be torn apart by the longing. This is not the case; You don't want to be with the person in a relationship.


You have no desire for the person to be yours.
But you like the person nonetheless, and you don't fear showing it.


Have you ever liked someone like that before?

I have.


Maybe I'm looking at her the way young girls look at their idols.

Probably.

To me, she's like the perfect kind of girl.

But she's just not my type.


I like her nonetheless, and support her for being the kind of girl I wish this world has more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment