Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The River Flows In You

Last weekend, when I was staying over at Song Yang's house, I had a most wondrous dream:


I dreamt I was getting onto a bus, and I noticed that in front of me was the girl whom I thought was the second prettiest girl in my entire school.

She sat right at the back in one corner. I sat next to her and said hi.

(She's actually my friend in real life, but I had not seen her for a very long time.)

She was pleasantly surprised to see me and we had a short chat.

Then she told me in passing that she used to have a crush on me.


I tried to laugh it off and act normal as the full weight of the implications of her statement sank in to the very fibers of my existence. She... liked me? When? Why? How did I now know!? Is there still a chance to...

My thoughts were cut short as my nose started running.

I quickly cut off the conversation with her and held my nose, trying desperately to hide the sudden flow of runny mucus from this girl who had only pleasant memories of me till now.

I whipped out my trusty packet of tissue and blew my nose away from her.


To my horror, there was so much mucus that the tissue was not able to absorb it.

In fact, the tissue was practically dissolving in the waterfall.

I used tissue after tissue but could hardly stem the flow. Clear mucus was running all over my hands. I soon ran out of tissue paper.

This was the worst day of my life.


Well, that would be the case if it was a real day.

I woke up far before my alarm went off. I turned off the air-con and went back to sleep till the alarm rang, and was proud to say that as a result, this was the first Sunday in a long time that I did not have a running nose as I went to church.

1 comment:

  1. You have sinus is it? Try humming, the then-TMS choir instructor told us that it may help!

    ReplyDelete