Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When there's nothing left to burn, you must set yourself on fire

Why is it so difficult for me to find work?


I'm just a decent undergraduate trying to find part time employment during my holidays as a house/toilet cleaner, but every time I talk to people there's so much politics involved I can't secure any jobs. (Parents prefer if their kids do the cleaning, but their kids prefer not to.) It's strange, I'm the one doing an embarrassing job but people feel embarrassed to hire me?


I offer to do dirty, difficult and dangerous jobs that few others will want to do, and you set the price to pay me, because I'm an amateur cleaner, but I'll work hard for it.


I need the money to go watch lion king with my friend. Please hire me?

2 comments:

  1. i don't know whether AMK FSC will pay for volunteers who help us do needs assessment at residents' homes, but if you want to do something with your time, this is an option! it would be good if you could speak a bit of chinese or malay or tamil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I do need to earn a little this holidays...

    ReplyDelete