Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Serendipity

If not for God pointing me towards studying Medicine in 2006, I would have never gone to India.

Which means I would have never met Dr.Raja, who inspired me to do Psychology (and a few years later invite me to return to India) and Bijoy, a local missionary.

If God didn't close the door to medicine clearly and opened that of Psychology in 2009, I would never have ended up in FASS and thus never return to India to teach Psychology. (I might have returned to film though.)

And if God didn't close the door to Psychology in 2010, I would have never considered taking Sociology, which in turn would mean I would have never understood the words of Moses Parmar when he spoke at my church in 2011 about the outcaste in India and the missionaries like Bijoy who were working among them...

Which means I would have never found my calling to go to India.


I had no idea why God kept changing his mind with regard to my direction in life, especially since each time I was so sure I was making the decision he wanted me to make.

Yeah I had my doubts, and plenty of them, especially after having to make 2 major u-turns... But I guess now it makes a bit more sense.


Oh my dear Lord... You were actually leading me every step of the way after all this time?

And I can imagine him replying,

"Always."
Matt 28:20

No comments:

Post a Comment