Sunday, August 1, 2010

Studying Randomness

I always wondered why things in movies always got so coincidental. Why are people always in the right place at the right time? I thought such things don't happen in reality, but if these chance encounters appear to in every movie, could we say it's because it really happens in real life?

Here's an idea of what happened to me over 3 days this week.


Wednesday

  • Forgot to bring the kite for Bernice.
  • Chinese stranger asked me if I wanted to know more about Jesus.
  • Drove pass this soya bean shop with dad. He wanted a cup, but there was a long queue.

Thursday

  • Forgot to bring the kite for Bernice.
  • Cheryl was late for dinner, so I spent the time reading the comic "Kick Ass" in Ion Orchard.
  • Israeli strangers asked me if I could help them get out of the labyrinthine Ion Orchard.
  • Decided to go elsewhere with Cheryl for supper- drove past the soya bean shop again.

Friday

  • Brought the kite out for Bernice.
  • Malay stranger asked me if I was going fishing.
  • Saw this guy at the MRT platform wearing a "Kick Ass" shirt.
  • Followed him till he turned around and realised he was my NS officer.
  • Bible study question asked us if we have any Jewish friends to enquire about the Purim festival.

Can someone please help me make sense of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment