Saturday, September 11, 2010

To me you are the sea

I spent the last 2 days on a Kellong.

It was a mere hut in the sea.

One big hut where everybody slept in, and fished around.

No rooms, just many double decker beds side by side, and toilets that lead into the sea.

I slept for 12 hours last night.

Waking from sleep that long is like coming out of limbo.

It's as if you were somewhere else for a really long time.

But you wake losing all the memories you fought so hard for.

I felt a sense of loss.

-:-

I sat down with uncle Guan in the bus home.

He needed to interview people for his assignment on Christian Ethics.

I gave him my opinion on several issues, including gambling, which I gave a view he never heard before.

Something he said in passing was:

"If you have an analytical mind, you'll do really well in Sociology."

He thought I was taking Psychology still when he said that.

That was the second time this week I was pointed to sociology.

(The first was when I completed the puzzle and won a $30 voucher.)

So I had fun as I spoke to uncle Guan.

-:-

I woke up rather suddenly to find myself seated alone in the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment