Saturday, November 13, 2010

66

Yesterday I was on the grass outside the computer lab in school.

I was not alone.

An older man walked by and smiled saying, "you made a new friend!"

And I did.


I had seen this character hanging around outside the lab often.

Talking to people who walked past.

Following them for a few steps.

Some people responded well, others avoided and gave a wide berth.


Yesterday I was alone and lonely, but as I walked out of the lab I suddenly found company.

I was accompanied as I walked up the stairs and across the path.

My new friend sat down on the grass, and being glad for company I followed suit.


Today as I entered school I heard my friend call me.

I was so happy.

I didn't even get my friend's name.

But it didn't matter to my new friend.


I came close and my friend didn't feel uncomfortable.

I took out my camera and my friend struck a pose.




I've chosen a name for it.

Socrates.

My new friend in NUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment