Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sabbath

You are the reason why I wake up.

You are the reason why I prefer to awaken.

You are the reason why I abandon my dreams

Where I can run and fly and be brave.

You are the reason why I love.

You are.



I woke up today and looked out of the window.

And I did not know if we did that, or if you did that.

I prayed it was you. Because that would be beautiful.

If it was us, it would be ugly and toxic.




I came to the heartlands this evening to watch people unveiling a new idol.

We call it art though, and this one I know is made by us, not you.




My grand uncle made it.

We're not worshiping it. 

But it does represent values we are trying to uphold.

Then again, what he made was merely a reflection of what that you made.


"Mother and Child"


Today, I am totally in awe of the work of your hands. 

You created the creators of creations that reflect your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment