Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm a slow learner


I went kite flying today. Tragic.

I got my brand new eagle kite up in the air with a 30 meter long tail for the first time.

Then the string snapped and the kite drifted towards the LRT line.

It was so well flown that it landed on the LRT track with the streamer dangling down to the road below.

I rushed towards the scene, but was afraid to touch the tail for fear of electrocution.

The wind was strong and blew the tail up on to the tracks out of view.

You know, this is the second time I lost the exact same kite with the same 30 meter tail because I was using the same weak string. Man... I'm a slow learner. $_$

This was the last I saw of the kite.


And then...


I heard a crack.

And then to my amazement, the driverless LRT was suddenly seen pulling a 30 meter long rainbow coloured streamer tail fluttering behind as it zoomed down the line.

That alone was worth the $40 spent on the kite. Well not really, but at least the cloud has a silver lining. And what a sight it was. I was so proud of my accidental deviance.


Speaking of which, can you spot the rainbow dad spotted? I tried to take it, but I fear my camera could not get it. Here's your consolation if you can't see it.


Yeah. It was quite an inspiring day.


The kite I thought could never fly, did.

And oh... What a sight it was to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment