Thursday, October 20, 2011

Is suicide a basic human right?

Can we sentence people to death for attempted suicide?

I remember I was once suicidal in primary school. Oh my poor parents. They knew i wanted to kill someone, but were shocked (dad in particular) when they found out who.

Must have been so difficult for them.

Luckily mom was a social worker.


Do I still feel the same now?

It's been almost 10 years, and I've not been suicidal.

But the sense of meaninglessness in life hadn't gone away.

It's not that I live a sad and emo life, far from it! I have friends and family I love dearly, and more joy and laughter than most people will every have. But nothing of this world really satisfies me.

Life is absolutely meaningless. The only reason why I go on living is because God has placed me here and he has a plan. I'm living for that plan. That's about it.

Nothing satisfies me. No money or love or grades or achievement or toy or medal or friend or wife ever will. In the words of King Solomon, said to be the richest king of his time, and the wisest man of all time:


“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
   says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
   Everything is meaningless.”

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGw0UiUXibM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCkDzhMxuj4

    ReplyDelete
  2. have i got a story to tell u tml.=)

    ReplyDelete