Wednesday, November 4, 2009

To be or not to be?

Consulted our Theatre Studies instructor today- we told her how difficult it was for the 6 of us to get enough stage time for the final test.

We were given 20 minutes, and the play only had 4 major roles.

"Why don't one of you get examined as a Director instead of an actor?" She asked.



I know I'm a good actor. I know it's a safe option to do acting for me. No way would I take on the directing role just for the sake of the group.

But.

If there's a skill I should learn... This is it. Not because I'm good at it so it's a safe option, not because I'm bad at it so it's sacrifice for the group. I feel I might have some potential here that needs developing.

But what if I'm wrong there?

How badly do I want to live like I'm dying?



Well...

It looks like I am willing to risk the grade to try something new.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go for it. Live a live without regrets, man! And try everything. A director is an extremely important role, but it doesn't matter whether you screw up here or do extremely well. The most important thing is to get an experience and to HAVE FUN!

    That said, have you watched Warai no Daigaku (University of Laughs) yet?

    ReplyDelete