Saturday, April 10, 2010

The New Trend

Back in JC we took a vote on who we thought the Class Prince was.

No surprise that I didn't get voted by my classmates.

But what was surprising was that my teachers unanimously voted for me.

Another classmate concluded, "You appeal to older women."

-

I was at the surprise anniversary dinner for my parents last month, with several other parent couples from church.

Some of the mothers joking asked me if I would be interested in their daughters.

One of the fathers gave me a hand by saying,

"Impressing the mother is one thing, impressing the girl is another!"

-

I have come to believe I do impress older women. But in the past month a newer but no less depressing trend has emerged.

I appeal to younger sisters too.

-

I don't understand why mothers and younger sisters want me to get attached to their daughters/older sisters, while the daughter/older sisters, who are around my age, think otherwise.

Which made my friend ask, 

"Why don't you just date the younger sister instead?"

-

Heh, don't worry about me okay?

I'm not complaining, I'm amused.

I'll complain when I book the church for my wedding again and start looking for a bride.

For now, I laugh out loud.

Like my friend succinctly says, "LOL!"

1 comment:

  1. i'll riskily say this, but, i think ur cool. =) and not unimpressive at all. maybe it's not so obvious since we're so close that i'm always cutting u off and being totally blunt with u.=p

    can u imagine if girls your age (esp ur good friends) start telling u "Your impressive." it's a total slippery slope. i'm sure many girls think ur great but don't say it for fear of ppl like Jeff.

    ReplyDelete