Saturday, April 10, 2010

What Women Want

So I'm at timbre having a pint with 2 of my gender studies classmates. I'm not doing too well on the alcohol tolerance department (they call me a lightweight) and I'm turning red and complaining about women in general.


Women complain a lot about men, and I have tried very hard to avoid all the things that irritate them and be the guy women are looking for. But after all this time, I realized that women in general, don't have a consensus on what they want from a guy.


My friends brought up this example of a TV show that had American women and Korean women come together and talk about cultural differences. On one episode they got a Korean hunk to come and talk about how he'll treat his girl.


He said he'll take care of her, since she is of the weaker sex, and that he'll protect her, provide for her, and allow her to live in comfort and not need to do anything. The Korean girls swooned. The American girls corrected him for calling women the weaker sex, saying that, back home, it was not acceptable (politically correct) for a guy to say that.


So I rambled on of how hard it was to please women.


Then one of my two friends then asked me:


"Okay, never mind what women want. What kind of girl do you want?"


And I did not know how to answer.


I've spent so much time trying to be what women want (I blame the feminist movement for subjugating me) that I had absolutely no answer to that question.


What do I want?


I probably need to finish writing my personal research paper on Attraction soon.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think there is a need to please every woman, and given that all humans are unique individuals, we aren't pleased by the same factors as everybody else. If you are uncomfortable doing something and there's not much good reason to do it, don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =( I kinda realized that a little late. )=

    ReplyDelete
  3. never too late to start, given that the moment you realise it, you presumably start being a little less unhappy from trying so hard.

    take it slow, the right one will appreciate you the way you are

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Now where's Justin?"

    But if I hardly know myself... how would I know that a girl appreciates me for who I am?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that differs from person to person, my idea of being appreciated is to not be labelled as strange/weird or worse yet, for the friend/potential romantic interest to look at it as if it were some really cute and cool idiosyncrasy to be put up with. acceptance for me means taking me as i am, without being in denial of any of my traits. this doesn't mean my friend/romantic interest should not desire to help me become a better person (by helping me improve on my weak areas), but s/he should not attempt to shape me into some ideal in their heads that I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. That makes sense.

    Thanks dear! Very much!

    ReplyDelete