Thursday, October 21, 2010

49

Sexuality class. Our lecturer talked about prostitution in Singapore.

He showed us cuttings from the newspapers.

Pictures of women in skimpy outfits next to headlines about solicitation- outside the red light district.

From Kovan to Jurong, prostitution was spreading to places not previously associated with it.


Then the lecturer put up another newspaper cutting showing a picture of the typical NUS girl's attire and we burst out laughing.

It's practically the same attire- tight shirts sometimes showing generous cleavage and short shorts/skirts showing plenty of legs.


"Not everyone can be a prostitute," my lecturer said, "I think it's quite a compliment to be mistaken for one."

2 comments:

  1. what a strange lecturer u have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He continued actually:

    "I wish people would mistake me for a gigolo. Then I don't need to work as a lecturer anymore. It's my dream."

    ReplyDelete