Wednesday, April 6, 2011

White

I heard a thud at my window last night.

Something had impacted, and had fallen into my room.


I knew it was not something as big as a bird, but it was no small bug

I jumped up fearing it could be a big flying cockroach.

Then saw it, clinging on to my camera bag.


A big beetle.

4cm long.

Completely white.


I managed to capture this white elephant with my pokeball (plastic food container) after a minor struggle. It's feet clung on to the bag for dear life and would not let go.

I wanted to release it, for this truly was something rare, but it needed space.


So I kept it overnight, letting it listen to the entire soundtrack from Sucker Punch.





I slept with the sound of the beetle scratching against the plastic all night.


This morning, I took another look at the white beetle.

I felt lonely. This beetle had come to accompany me.

I wrote my name and handphone number on it's huge shell, and drew a <3.


I released it today at the field opposite my house near the bus stop.


I've not received any calls yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment