Saturday, March 19, 2011

The circumstances I find myself in


1.

I entered the train today on my way to the marina barrage. I was carrying 10 kites.

The train carriage was empty, except for one older man sitting at the last seat.


I went up to him to ask for his seat.


Seriously. In the entire train, there was only one spot I could lean my giant kite on, which was on the last seat in the train, and he was sitting there.


2.

Marina Barrage, and the kites flew wonderfully. Too wonderfully.



When a kite flies too high and the winds change, oh dear.

The kite I was helping to fly got entangles with 4 kites.

I pulled one of the other kites down and tried to remedy the knot.

Meanwhile the kite I was using that was still in the air got entangled with another 3 kites.

These 3 were bigger kites, like mine, and one of which was doing loops around the knot and spiraling down towards a group sitting obliviously on the grass.

I ran forward and with my bare hands grabbed the kite string of all 4 kites.

Mind you, when it comes to big kites, people use big reels so they will not need to touch the string and cut their fingers with the high tension produced. I was not pulling at not one, not 2, but 4 kites between my fingers, desperately trying to maneuver them apart and away from this group. I felt like spider-man almost getting torn apart as he tried to stop a train with webs coming out of his hands hands.

Then I saw that one girl in the group was a very pretty friend from my film and religion tutorial. I called her name and she looked back to see me in a strange position.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Saving your life." I replied and signaled her to look at the kite spiraling directly over her head.


3.

I went to Cathay after that with my gigantic kite.

I felt weird carrying something as big as Cloud's Buster Sword from Final Fantasy VII.

Then as I entered the building I realised there was some cosplay event happening and people were dressed up as anime characters.

I felt totally at home and even carried my kite sword a little more prominently.

No comments:

Post a Comment