Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Film and Religion

We watched "Jesus Christ Superstar" today for the module.


I am so glad it was not allowed to come into Singapore on stage.


It's terrible.


Okay here's a scene that to me is the most palatable. Everything else is just over the top for me and I felt quite uncomfortable.





"Always hoped that I'd be an apostle
Knew that I would make it if I tried
Then when we retire we can write the Gospels
So they'll still talk about us when we've died"



I LOLed at this line. 


Then I squirmed all the way to the end.


(You don't need to watch beyond 1:14 if you feel uncomfortable, like me.)

2 comments:

  1. The song is rather discomforting.

    (And SEE, I am viewing your blog for something other than MUN MANSON.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear. This song was the least troubling. The movie was just too much for me lah. I don't like how they presented something we view as so sacred in such... "profane" ways.

    ReplyDelete